This is a project to construct a visual parser generator with GNU/Bison as the base. Bison can generate C and C++ parsers from an input grammar specification.
There are few visual parsers available today, and those are either commercial or non-free. I am out to make a free visual parser under GNU GPL.
As you can see, it is an IDE for bison grammars. At this point the project is in its initial design stage.
SVN checkout will be available when reasonable amount of code is written.
- Compose bison grammar with syntax highlighting and compile it into a parser
- Highlight conflicts as you compose grammar (Eclipse style)
- Single step thru test input file and visualize shifts and reductions on the stack.
- Set breakpoints in the file or grammar.
- Check lookahead symbols at each state and alter input before next step in the parse.
I am currently discussing the implementation of a debugging API into Bison on GNU/Bison mailing lists.